The Virtual Races need to be completed on specified dates between a Friday & Sunday. Dates will be specified shortly on a Facebook events page.
. Both the East Farm Series ( run as a series, your best time will count) and the Club Mile will need to be entered in advance and there will be a closing date a couple of weeks before each event.
Your best six races of the following twelve events to count – you must complete any six events to qualify.
Events as follows:
- 5k Parkrun route: Poole, Date TBC
- 5k Parkrun route:, Blandford, Date TBC
- 5k Parkrun route: Moors Valley. 29th-31st Jan 2021
- 5k Parkrun route: Upton. Date TBC
- 5k time trial – East Farm Series- 17th Jan, 21st Feb, and 21st March ( see note below)
- 3.5 mile summer series “rewind” – TBC March.
- 5 miles – Tarrant Rushton – TBC April.
- 1 mile – Club mile – Canford SANG – TBC May.
- 10k – Purbeck 10k course – TBC June
- 10 miles – Wimborne 10 course – TBC.
“For The Virtual Club Championship 2021 The East Farm 5k races will be run as a series – this means your fastest time of any off the 3 races will be used to award your points. If you only complete 1 of these events that time will be used to award your points. Points will be awarded as before (50 for 1st place and 49 for 2nd place etc).”
A Facebook event page will be created for each event. A map of the route will be also be displayed. – please do not deviate from this.
Except for the East Farm Series and Club Mile your results must strictly be a screenshot of your ELAPSED time from Garmin or Strava – to be posted on the Facebook Event Page before the closing date. Only 1 entry per event allowed (if you attempt the course more than once, please only submit 1 time.)
- There will be age category awards for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- For 2021 both the male and female age categories will be identical and are :- 18-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45 -49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79.
- In each event the 1st runner will be awarded 50 points, 2nd runner 49 points and 3rd runner 48 points etc.
- Your best six scores will be combined for the final listings.
- All categories will be based on your age as of 1st January 2021. Minimum age for seniors awards is 18. Prizes will be presented at the end of the year.
- Your best 6 races to count – you must complete six events to qualify.
- You must be a fully paid-up member of Poole Runners (including social and second claim) at the time of completing the events.
- You do not need to wear your vest.