Road Running Training
February 11 @ 6:45 pm - 8:00 pm
Meet at Lockyers Middle School then warm up on the way to specific locations for the sessions.
Most runners can expect to do the whole session, although those who are tapering, building up or otherwise don’t want to do the full session can agree which bits to miss out with the coaches.
Main Intervals Session – Corfe Hills Loop
- 8x 750m continuous loop “Kenyan Hills”.
- Running easier on the descent followed by harder efforts on the ascent.
Middle distance runners attending these sessions will do the main interval session.
Marathon Training Group – Henbury View
- 20 minutes @ marathon pace, 3 mins jog recovery
- 5x 3 mins @ half marathon pace, 90 sec jog recovery between each, 3 minutes after last rep
- 20 minutes @ marathon pace